Do you think you are pregnant? If yes, you will be shocked to know the reality about your pregnancy test report,especially when you are not ready for it for any reason. There is a chance of error whether you are taking birth control pills or using condoms to avoid unwanted pregnancy.
A pregnancy occurs when your egg has fertilisation with your male partner’s sperm. Usually, most of you take an OTC (over-the-counter) pregnancy test to find out whether you are pregnant or not. A home pregnancy test kit or an OTC test kit tests your urine for the presence of HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin hormone. This hormone is present when you have conceived. Here are different ways to collect urine for the evaluation of your pregnancy:
- Collect your urine in a cup or jar while urinating and dip the OTC test kit into the collected liquid
- Use an eyedropper to take out a small amount of the collected urine from a cup/jar into a particular container
- Place the OTC kit into the area of your urine stream so that it can collect your urine
According to Dr Archana Agarwal of Mannat Fertility Clinic, most of the OTC or home tests are around 99% effective when a woman does it after missing a period. As the recommended days of a pregnancy calendar have passed, your test will disclose the following things:
- A change in colour
- A plus or minus symbol
- A line
- The words pregnant or not pregnant
When you should take a test for your pregnancy evaluation
You should wait for a few weeks after missing a period to get the accurate result. If you do not want to wait longer, you should wait for at least two weeks after having unprotected physical intimacy. If you have conceived, your body takes time to have a detectable amount of HCG. The time is around 7-12 days after the successful implantation of an egg. Here are some signs or health conditions when you should consider evaluating your pregnancy:
- Missed period – A missed period is the first and foremost reliable sign of pregnancy. Usually, determining whether you are late or not is hard for you if you do not track your menstrual cycle closely. Most females have a menstrual cycle of 28 days. You should take a pregnancy test if one month has gone after the last period. However, you need to keep in mind you can miss a period due to exercise, stress, diet, or particular reproductive health conditions. Further, you need to consider other signs like spotting or bleeding as early pregnancy signs.
- Cramping – The implantation of a fertilised egg can make you have a feeling of menstrual cramps. This discomfort feeling is common in early pregnancy. You must evaluate your pregnancy if you have cramping after a missed period.
Suggest to Read:- Brown Discharge In Early Pregnancy 4 Weeks
- Sore breasts – As pregnancy time moves ahead, progesterone and oestrogen hormones facilitate body changes to provide the requisite support to the development of the baby in the womb. You may feel that your breasts are getting bigger and your nipples have hurt. And veins under the nipple skin will be darker. Some women experience these things in the days leading to their period, so you should take it as an indication of pregnancy if other pregnancy symptoms are not visible.
- Have a different feeling – Apart from sore breasts and cramps, your early pregnancy can make you experience nausea, vomiting, frequent urination, and exhaustion. With time, these symptoms get stronger. And you need to evaluate your pregnancy.
- Failure of contraceptive methods – Whether you are taking birth control pills or using condoms to avoid pregnancy, you do not have 100% protection. You should take a pregnancy test at home or go for a lab test if you notice your contraceptive methods have not worked well to keep you protected from unwanted conception.
Pregnancy is good if you are willing to conceive. If it is unwanted or against your wish, you need to evaluate it so that you can take a respective action – pregnancy care or termination. Having an idea about your menstrual cycle and early pregnancy symptoms can help you know when you should evaluate your pregnancy if you suspect being pregnant.